We collect information that you provide by filling in forms on our site to be contacted by us, be added to our newsletter list or to be informed about events or products. For our standard mailing lists, we simply collect your name, company (optional) and email address.
We may occasionally ask you to complete the odd survey that we use for research purposes, although it is up to you as to whether you want to respond.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of its website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to the website is used to create reports about its use.
How is your data used?
- To send you our newsletter.
- To keep you informed on events of interest.
- To inform you about books or products related to our services.
We will not pass your details to any third party for direct mailing purposes.
Your rights regarding your data
- You can request a copy of the information we hold on you.
- You have the right to correct the information we hold on you.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your data and remove your details from our mailing lists.
The GDPR law on data protection defines how a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
We will only use your data to pursue our legitimate interests of running our business to keep you updated on topics of interest via our newsletter and any relevant events or products, such as books, we think you might be interested in.
When we collect your data, for example via our website, we will ask for your consent to add your details to our database for our own marketing purposes.
If you become a client we will need to hold some personal data to comply with our contractual obligations and accounting and tax requirements.
We protect your personal data:
All personal data is stored on our secure servers. Access to your personal data is restricted.
How long we hold your data for?
We will only hold your data for as long as needed to for the purpose we have collected it.
Links to other websites
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways to stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Complete the contact form on our homepage and ask to be removed from our database.
Bob Ferguson Communications
Suite 3 Middlesex House
Company no: 8042858